Local Listing Management
Bring new business to your agency through your local listings
Across the country, customers are making an effort to shop local from their neighborhood restaurants, gift shops, and other retailers. Many times, these customers begin their search online, and their searches don’t stop at just groceries and other household items.
What are local listings?
Customers are using online search for services as well. As many customers begin their search for insurance online, maintaining your agency’s digital presence is more important now than ever.
In fact, increasing your agency’s online presence is a key component to driving leads and staying top of mind in your community. Make sure you’re a part of the conversation when customers search for insurance using platforms like Google, Bing, and Apple.
Why is local listing management important?
Proper management is important to not only make sure customers can find your agency where they’re searching, but to ensure the right information is shown to online users when they’re looking for a local insurance agent, whether that be through a major search engine, social platform, mobile device, voice assistant, or business directory.
Proper listing management not only can help move your agency to the head of the list and better position your agency to reach prospects searching online for insurance help, but it can also help pull your online reviews into a single place so that you can respond quickly to all reviews and understand where you stand with current and prospective customers.
Managing your local listing – Using a listing service or DIY
There are a couple different ways to manage your local listing, but one thing you need to do first is to claim your Google My Business (GMB). Once you claim you profile, you can optimize it with your agency’s information. (Stay with us, we’ve got everything you need to know about Google My Business on the next tab!)
Whether you use a service like ListAgent, or go the DIY route, it’s important to manage your listings by monitoring your online presence, making sure it’s accurate and favorable, and ensuring that customers can easily find you when they are searching for all their insurance needs. Learn more about ListAgent
Benefits of using a service like ListAgent:
- Using a service helps ensure that the information showing to customers is accurate and consistent across search engines.
- Consultation about local listings is also available with a service and includes the ability to have all your online reviews managed in one place.
- A listing management service is easy, cost effective, and helpful when it comes to monitoring your monthly progress through consultation and reporting. This is especially helpful if you don’t have the time to manage your online presence yourself.
Benefits of going the DIY route to manage your local listing:
- For agents with previous digital marketing experience, this may be an option for your business. The main benefit to going the DIY route is that it may be more economical for your agency.
- Going this route also gives you the ability for hands on management of platforms like Google, Bing, and Apple.
- If you are comfortable managing your local listing, our Digital Playbook offers other online marketing programs available to you to help your business stay top of mind with new prospects.
What about Yelp?
You may be thinking, why not include Yelp along with Google, Bing, and Apple. Essentially, Yelp’s service isn’t geared toward independent agents. Based on findings from our partner vendor, DAC, Yelp’s traffic primarily focuses on restaurants and entertainment options. While potential customers are almost certain to use Google to search for local insurance agents, it’s less likely that they’d specifically consult Yelp to do so.
Based on recommendations from our partner vendors, we advise focusing on your Google My Business listing, Bing, and Apple to boost your local search presence. However, if you’re interested in pursuing Yelp, be sure to check whether your agency already has a listing. It’s easy and free to create a listing if you choose to do so, and Yelp’s sales team will likely contact you if you sign up.
Make sure your agency is found where customers are searching.
Local listings are all about not only putting your agency on the map, but making sure it stands out in the crowd when customers are searching for insurance online. Whether you use a service like ListAgent, or go the DIY route, it’s important to manage your listings by monitoring your online presence, making sure it’s accurate and favorable, and ensuring that customers can easily find you when they are searching for all their insurance needs.